Sunday, February 28, 2010

Good Day at Goodwill

It's Sunday. I usually don't do anything on Sundays, but today I stopped by Goodwill. It was freaky. There was hardly anything on the shelves. Huge empty spaces between busted toasters. It's not at all like the usual precariously stacked mixture of telephones, drills, and appliances without cords. But over with the VHS tapes there were stacks of cool old PC and Dreamcast games.

I picked through and decided on just three Dreamcast games: Crazy Taxi, Crazy Taxi 2, and Star Wars Episode 1 Racer ($1.99 each).
There were also some Sega Genesis and SNES games. I only chose to buy Scooby Doo Mystery and Bill Walsh College Football '95 (99 cents each).

Checking the wall they normally hang the power cords on I found a PlayStation PiranhaPad ($2.99) and a NES RF switch ($1.99).
On the way out I found something really cool. Autodesk 3D Studio release 4. It's complete with all the books, disks, and even the hardware lock. Looks like they didn't even touch the books. Only $12.99. This is the version I used in college. I still have the text books to go with the software.

There was so much good stuff at Goodwill today that I put back more than half of what I had originally grabbed. Maybe I should visit on Sundays more often.

No comments: