Thursday, December 31, 2009

In the Mail: Ultima: Exodus (NES)

On December 19 I asked a seller if it would be OK if I paid for a game and they could wait for ten days or so to send it so that the people at the UPS store don't send it to the post office who keep it for a couple days and then send it back (it's happened before). The seller actually said to press the "Buy it Now" button and then just pay when I'm ready to have the game shipped. So I did just that.

On the morning of the 29th I finally paid for the game while I was in Rochester. A few hours ago I arrived back home and checked the UPS store. The game got in this morning! It arrived in a sturdy box.
Inside... Ultima: Exodus!
This was the first game I ever bought with my own money. I had just gotten my first paycheck and it was just enough for one awesome game and lunch at A&W. Money well spent. I don't know what ever happened to that game, but now I have it again. OK, I have two other copies of the game, but this one has the box, dust sleeve... everything.

The Ultima games on the NES are among my favorite games ever. Playing and beating Ultima: Exodus was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences of my high school years.

No comments: